A common belief among men is that honey can improve sexual performance and help in achieving erections. In the same manner, many other food products are claimed to have powers to help in sexual performance. Let’s take a detailed look at the claims that honey for men erection is effective in helping males during sex.
Overview – Role of Food in Overall Health and Sex
A balanced diet is important for overall health. The nutrients in a well-balanced diet can have a positive effect on sexual ability. But it is to be remembered that more consumption of these nutrients will not help in achieving an erection. Also taking more of some nutrients will not help in improved sexual performance. Truth be told – there is no magical food or ingredient that can give overnight results.
Why food products will not have magical effects?
Erections are the result of a complex process. This is physiological in nature and various factors play a role. For example, blood flow, hormones, nervous system function, and psychological health are important to achieve an erection. It is true that some foods will help in certain functions like blood flow or health of the heart. For example, food products that are rich in antioxidants and certain nutrients, are known to help blood flow. But there is no scientific evidence that having honey alone will result in improvements in erection or sexual performance.
What is the reason for the belief that honey can help in erection?
One of the main reasons for the belief that honey can help in erections is the availability of certain products that claim to help. For example, some honey products are available in the market that claim to give great sexual powers. The fact is that these products have been labelled as unsafe by the US FDA. There have been reports about the US FDA warning users not to buy certain products. These products were tested in laboratories and were found to have tadalafil.
This is a prescription drug that is used for treating men with erectile dysfunction. The drug is to be prescribed only after a careful assessment of the health of the user. Any pre-existing conditions are also considered and the dosage is accordingly recommended. Some users with some health conditions are prohibited from taking tadalafil as this could have possible side effects.
When honey containing tadalafil is consumed, it is without a prescription. This will put the user at risk of use without a heath assessment or recommendation. This may not be a safe way, and could affect users with diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart conditions.
What is the best way to improve sexual performance?
People finding it difficult to achieve an erection and those who do not last long are to consult a specialist. A specialist in sexual medicine helps to diagnose and treat erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low sex drive and other sexual conditions. These specialists have experience in:
- Endocrinology, and
The treatment of sexual conditions, including erection problems is always done in this manner:
- Diagnosis of condition
- Assessment of overall health condition
- Understanding existing heath conditions
- Evaluation if medicines include those that interact with ED medicines
- Recommended dosage and schedule
When users take honey or any other food for sexual improvement, that contains medicines, the above is not performed. As a result, the user may experience side effects, some of which could be serious.
What happens during an erection and how do ED medicines work?
Erection is the result of complex actions, listed below:
- Sexual Stimulation: This can be physical, mental, or both. This stimulation has an effect on sensory nerves and starts a sequence of events.
- Nervous System Activation: When aroused, signals from the brain are sent to the nerves in the penis. This promotes relaxation and increases blood flow.
- Release of Nitric Oxide: After sexual stimulation, nitric oxide is released in the blood vessels in the penis. This causes the smooth muscles in the walls of the arteries in the penis to relax.
- Relaxation of Blood Vessels: This causes the blood vessels in the penis to widen. As a result, there is increased blood flow to the tissues in the penis.
- Expansion of Erectile Tissues: When blood flows, the spongy tissue in the penis becomes filled with blood. This causes the penis to become larger, firmer, and erect.
- Trapping of Blood: To maintain the erection, veins are compressed against the outside of the tissues in the penis. This helps to keep the blood within the penis, maintaining the erection.
ED medicines work by relaxing the blood vessels, improving the blood flow and preventing an enzyme from working. This enzyme causes the degradation of a chemical that is important for erection. By preventing that enzyme, ED medicines, help users have a longer erection. Depending on the dosage and the time of use, people experience longer and stronger erections.